This course exposes the student to hardware components of computer system and software from technician’s point of view. The course teaches about CPU . types and installation, RAM types and installation, expanding computer using cards, troubleshooting computer problems, and installing OS and application packages. Solving problems related computer system, whether hardware or software, is what the course deals about.
After completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and identify PC hardware components Build, configure, upgrade, and maintain a computer Install operating systems and application software providing basic knowledge of preventive maintenance and how to use windows built-in diagnostic tools.
- To have practical experience of troubleshooting PC hardware and software problems Understand concepts of maintenance and troubleshooting Choose CPU that matches their motherboard and install it
- Choose different cards that match their motherboard and install them
- Install RAM, Cards and other devices
- Diagnose computer problems and solve the problems